Dr. Jacob Kwaku Agbenorhevi is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Food Science and Technology. Dr. Agbenorhevi holds B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Biochemistry from KNUST (in 2006), an M.Sc. degree in Nutrition and Food Sciences (in 2008), and a Ph.D. in Food Science (in 2012) from the University of Huddersfield, UK. Upon completion of his Masters and Doctorate degrees at the University of Huddersfield, UK, he returned to join the Department in August 2012 and it has been a wonderful experience in the alma mater where he previously served as a Teaching and Research Assistant (under the National Service Scheme in the Department of Biochemistry & Biotechnology and Department of Food Science & Technology, for a year; August 2006-August 2007). He served as the Coordinator for the third-year students’ Industrial Internship/Placement from 2013 to 2016 and the Coordinator for the Postgraduate Programmes (2013-2018). He is currently the Departmental Exams Officer (August 2018-Date).
Dr. Agbenorhevi is a Member of the Council of Convocation-KNUST (2018-2021) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Champion/Rep for KNUST (2019). He is also an active Fellow of the Independence Hall-KNUST and Parishioner of the Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Catholic Chaplaincy -KNUST. He has served on several committees within the University and internationally. He served as the Head Coordinator and First President of the Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows Alumni, Ghana (CoSFAG) (2015-2020). He has been a member of Professional bodies namely; Institute of Food Science and Technology (IFST, UK), Institute of Food Technologists (IFT, USA), Ghana Nutrition Association, and Ghana Biomedical Convention. He is the current President of the Ghana Science Association (GSA) Kumasi Branch.
Dr. Agbenorhevi serves as an External Assessor for UDS, UCC, UEW, NAB, and CSIR. He is also a Reviewer for several journals in the field of Food Science and Technology including; Food Hydrocolloids, International Journal of Food Science and Technology, Journal of Food Science, Journal of Food Engineering, Journal of Food Science and Technology, International Food Research Journal, African Journal of Food Science, International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences, Scientific African, Food Science & Nutrition, CyTA -Journal of Food, Agricultural and Food Science Journal of Ghana.
Dr. Agbenorhevi served as Editor for Scientific African. He is also the Editor of Everyday Science for Schools (ESS) Magazine of the Ghana Science Association (2017-Date).
Dr. Agbenorhevi has successfully supervised 2 PhDs, 8 MPhil, 36 MSc and 37 BSc Students/Theses. He has over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals, 91 conference papers, 1 book, 2 book chapters, and 12 other articles including handbooks/training manuals/magazines.
- Food Chemistry (composition and analysis)
- Food Biopolymers (polysaccharide/protein systems) and Rheology
- Food Bioactive Compounds (polyphenols/phytochemicals, antioxidant activity, and functional foods)
- Food Product Development
- Food Safety/Security, Nutrition, and Health
WEBSITE/RESEARCH PROFILE LINKS
- KNUSTSpace: http://ir.knust.edu.gh/browse?type=author&value=Agbenorhevi%2C+Jacob+K.&sort_by=1&order=ASC&rpp=25&etal=0&submit_browse=Update
- Google scholar webpage: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=IJdejFAAAAAJ&hl=en
- ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-8516-7656
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jacob_Agbenorhevi
- Academia: https://knust.academia.edu/JacobAgbenorhevi
- Scopus: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=35799651000
- Web of Science: https://publons.com/researcher/1325288/jacob-kwaku-agbenorhevi/