Research Projects (Current and Past)
International Research Projects
- Collaborative Researcher – Moringa oleifera research in Ghana, Humboldt-Universität zu Berline, Germany, 2017 – date.
- Co-supervisor for graduate students – Strengthening Root and Tuber Value Chains in Ghana. In partnership with DANIDA Fellowship Centre, Denmark, 2013 to 2017.
- Co-Principal Investigator – “Improving quality, nutrition and health: Impacts of inclusion of cassava flours in bread formulations in West Africa (Ghana and Nigeria) - The Ghanaian focus.” McGill-IITA Project funded by IFAD, 2014 to 2016.
- Collaborating Scientist – Sweetpotato breeding program for West Africa in partnership with International Sweetpotato Centre, 2010 to 2014.
- Project Coordinator - New and Diverse Food Products Developed from alata. IITA Yam project funded IFAD, 2006 to 2008.
- Member of Proposal Development Team – Integrated Natural Resources Management INRM project. NPT/088 and NPT/278. Funded by Dutch Government and administered by NUFFIC. 2005 to 2008 (NPT/088), 2008 to 2012 (NPT/278).
- Collaborating Scientist – Sweetpotato Harvest Plus Project with CIP, Uganda/CRI, 2004 to 2007.
- Collaborating Scientist – IFAD/WECARD/IITA project on Poverty Alleviation and Enhanced Food Availability in West Africa through Improved Yam technologies, 2002 to 2006.
- Collaborating Scientist – Multidisciplinary, collaborative and transnational research project on Treculia africana (African breadfruit) funded by African Academy of Sciences, 2002 to 2005.
- Collaborating Scientist – West Africa, United Nations University Project of Collaborative Research on People, Land Management and Environmental Change (WAPLEC) 1998 to 2001.
National Research Projects
- Steering Committee Chairperson and Collaborating Scientist – KNUST–Local Government Service Project. “The District Assemblies Enabled Programme for Accelerated Economic and Social Development at the District Level” 2016 – Date.
- Collaborating Scientist – KNUST–Rural Enterprise Programme (REP) Technology Promotion and Dissemination Project, 2016 - Date.
- Project Coordinator, RTIP-Evaluation of Effect of Harvesting Time and Variety of Cassava on Quality of Starch, Gari and Flour, 2000 to 2004.
- Collaborating Scientist – Root and Tuber Improvement Programme (RTIP) – High Quality Cassava Flour production: Quality specifications and evaluation of varieties for flour production specific for bakery products, 2000 to 2002.
- Project coordinator, RTIP - Production of snack foods from cassava and sweetpotato flour, 2000 to 2002.
- Collaborating Scientist, RTIP-On-farm storage of Yam Tubers, 2000 to 2002.
- Collaborating Scientist, RTIP-Developing Methodology for the Minimal Processing of Yams, 2000 to 2001.
- Collaborating Scientist- Guinness/CRI/Department of Biochemistry Project on screening and selection of cassava varieties as materials for use as Brewing Adjunct, 1999 to 2001.
- Collaborating Scientist-Technoserve/NRI project on Shea butter Processing and Shelf life Studies, 1999 to 2000.
- Collaborating Scientist-Prospects of Sweetpotato varieties for industrial starch production and animal feeds in Ghana. CASHPRO funded project, 1998 to 1999.