Positions Held & Hold
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
- Foundation Provost, College of Science, Dec. 2004- Sept., 2010
- Chairman, College Board (2004 – 2010)
- Chairman, College Appointments and Promotion Committee (2004 – 2010)
- Chairman, College Examinations Board (2004 -2010)
- Chairman, College Strategic Plan Implementation Oversight Committee, 2004-2010
- Member, Site Committee on the Construction of College of Science Building, 2003-2010
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- 1. Faculty of Science representative of the KNUST Examinations Committee (1987-1991); (1999 -2000)
- 2. Faculty of Science Examinations Officer (1987-1991); (1999-2000)
- 3. Member, Examiners Board, Faculty of Science, (1996 – 2004)
- 4. Coordinator for Faculty of Science on: "Courses in University Teaching Methods"- Institute for Technical Education, KNUST (1990-1991).
- Member / Secretary, Faculty of Science Investigation Committee on Examination. Malpractices (1994-1995.
- 6. Faculty of Science representative to the "Ghana National Working Party for the Development of. National Examination Physics Syllabus for Senior Secondary Schools", West African Examinations Council (WAEC) 12-14 Nov., 1990.
- Faculty of Science representative to the Board of Institute of Mining and Mineral. Engineering (IMME), KNUST (1997 -2000).
- Dean, Faculty of Science (2001-2004).
- Chairman, Faculty of Science Board
DEPARTMENTAL LEVEL: PHYSICS DEPARTMENT
1. Departmental Board Secretary, Physics Department, KNUST, 1980 - 1984.
2. Department of Physics Time Table and Examinations Officer, 1987-1991.
3. B. Sc (Physics), 1st Year Examinations Officer, 1996 -1999.
4. Academic Tutor, Department of Physics, 1998-Date
5. Departmental Officer in charge of Alumni Outreach and the General Maintenance of the Physics Building, 1998- 2000
6. Member, Committee on Proposal for the Extension of the Physics Building”, KNUST, Kumasi, 1997.
7. Member, Committee to draw up proposal for MOU for the establishment and operation of the “Whittaker Endowment Fund” for the Department of Physics, KNUST, 1998.
KNUST STATUTORY/SUB-COMMITTEES, THE UNIVERSITY COUNCIL, ACADEMIC BOARD AND OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE ROLES
- Member, Executive Committee, KNUST (2001- 2010).
- Member, Executive Committee, KNUST (2001- 2010).
- Member, Planning and Resources Committee, (2004-2010)
- Member, Budgetary Committee (KNUST) (2001-2010).
- Member, Scholarships Committee, KNUST (2001-2010)
- Member, KNUST Information and Communication Technology Committee (2002-2004)
- Member, Research and Conference Committee, KNUST (2004-2010)
- Professorial Member of the University Council (2003 – 2005).
- Representative of University Council on Standing and Finance Committees (2003- 2005)
- Representative of University Council on GUSS Management Board (2003- 2005)
- Member, Academic Board (2001-2010)
- KNUST Academic Board Representative on the Academic Board of College of Renewable Natural Resources, Sunyani (2001-2005).
- KNUST Representative, Accra Institute of Technology, 2018-2020
- Member, Academic Board Sub Committee on the Proposal to Mount B.Sc. Degree in Nursing (2001).
- Academic Board Representative on the Academic Board of Western University College (WUC), Tarkwa (2002-2004).
- 6. Academic Board Representative of WUC Appointments and Promotions Committee (2002-2005).
- Member, Academic Board Sub Committee on Minimum Teaching Load (2001).
- 8. Chairman, Academic Board Sub-Committee to study the Revised Curriculum and Course Structure of the Faculty of Agriculture, November 2003
- 9. Member, Academic Board Sub-Committee to study the Proposed for the establishment of Department of Agricultural Mechanization at KNUST, 2004
- 10. Member, Academic Board Sub Committee for cooperation and Understanding between the KNUST and the Surrounding Villages (2002-2010).
- Academic Board Representative on the Management Committee, Technology Consultancy Centre (2001-2004).
- Member, Academic Board Sub Committee on Parallel Undergraduate Programme in Social Sciences, 2004
- Member of the KNUST special delegation to the UK, for Staff Recruitment and to inaugurate KNUST Alumni Association of UK & Ireland, 28thJuly-6thAugust, 2004
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Review Proposal for the establishment of MSc Degree Programme in Audiology by the Department of Eye, Nose and Throat, June 2012.
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Review Proposal to Mount B.A. Chinese Programme by the Department of Modern Languages, May, 2013
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Investigate Alleged Plagiarism of PhD Thesis by an Academic Staff of KNUST, April, 2014
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Develop Strategies for Safety on KNUST Campus, June, 2015
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Develop Guidelines on Handing Over Notes by Academic and Administrative Staff, September, 2016
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Review Peer Evaluation of Teaching Policy, August, 2017
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Review Academic Records Management Information System (ARMIS), April, 2018
- Chairman, Academic Board Sub Committee to Review Proposals for Rebranding of the Department of Modern Languages, March, 2019
REPUBLIC HALL OF RESIDENCE
- Fellow (1982- Date) and Member of Hall Council (2001-2010)
- 2. Academic Tutor, for Students, (1987-1991); (1996-1998)
- Chairman, Alumni Planning Committee of Republic Hall, KNUST, 1997
OTHER SERVICES/REPRESENTATIONS AND CONTRIBUTIONS AT LOCAL AND NATIONAL LEVELS
GHANA SCIENCE ASSOCIATION
- National President, Ghana Science Association, 2001-2003
- National Secretary, Ghana Science Association, 1996 - 1997
- Foundation Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the Ghana Science Association, 1998-2013
- Member, National Executive Committee of the Ghana Science Association, 1996- 2013
- Treasurer, Ghana Science Association, Kumasi Branch, 1990 -1991.
- Conference Secretary, 20thBiennial Conference of the Ghana Science Association, 4 - 9th. August, 1997, KNUST, Kumasi
- Resource Person in Physics for the "Orientation Course for Science Teachers in the Senior Secondary Schools at Holy Child Secondary School, Cape Coast, by the Ministry of Education, 2-17thJan. 1991.
- Member of 3-Man Planning Committee of the Ghana Science Association, for a "5-Day Workshop for Mathematics Teachers in Senior Secondary Schools, Ashanti Region", KNUST, Kumasi, 29 Oct.-2 Nov.1990.
- 9. Member, Planning Committee, 17thBiennial Conf. of the Ghana Science Association, 1991
- Member, National Planning Committee for the 20thBiennial Conference of the Ghana Science Association, 4 - 9 August, 1997.
- Member/Chairman, Publications Committee of the 20thBiennial Conference of the Ghana. Science Association, 1997
- Resource person in Physics Teaching, 4th Ghana Association of Science Teachers. Conference Workshop, Tema, 30 Aug. - 4 Sept, 1999
- Chief Judge, National Science Fair Competition, Tema, 2 Sept, 1999
- Member/Chairman, National Planning Committee, 8th Biennial Workshop of the GSA, 7th. August, 2002, Bunso, Akim Abuakwa.
- Member/Chairman, National Executive Committee, Ghana Science Association, 2001- 2003
- Member/Chairman, National Planning Committee, 23rdBiennial Conference of the GSA, 4th-7th August, 2003, KNUST, Kumasi.
- Resource Person and Representative of Ghana science Association at a one-day Workshop on. “Communicating Science in Electronic Media Training” organized by the Ghana. Academy of Arts and Sciences, Accra, 14thDecember, 2010.
- Conference Chair, 7thGSA and College of Science Research Seminar and Poster Presentations, KNUST, Kumasi, 18thApril, 2018.
- Conference Chair 8thGSA and College of Science Research Seminar and Poster Presentations, KNUST, Kumasi, 1stMay, 2019.
OTHER NATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS
- Member, Working Group on S&T Management, Ministry of Environment and Science, (2001-2008)
- Member, Implementation Planning Committee on the aspect of the Science, Mathematics and Technology Education, of the National Science and Technology Policy Document (2002-2008)
- Participant, Two-Day Stakeholders Consultative Workshop on the Draft Ghana ICT in Education Policy, organized by Ministry of Education & Sports, Elmina, 9th-10th March, 2006.
- Member, National Committee on Promotion of Science and Technology Literacy in Education in ECOWAS, 2005
- Panel Member, appointed by the National Accreditation Board to review Accreditation of Bachelor of Science in Physics Education programmes at UCC, UEW, and KNUST (2015)
- Founding Member, Inauguration of West African Chapter of Materials Research Society, Engineering Materials Development Institute, Ondo, Akure, Nigeria, 26-27th May, 2003
- KNUST representative, the First Annual Symposium and Inauguration of the New Alliance for Earth Sciences, Engineering and Development (AESEDA), Pennsylvania State University, USA 13-14 October, 2003
- Member of Organizing Committee of the International Scientific Continental Drilling Programme (ICDP) Workshop on the Lake Bosumtwi Drilling Project, 13th Sept- 17th Sept., 2004, Kokoado, Kuntenansi District, Ashanti Region.
- Chairman, Mediation Committee for the resolution of Ghana Athletics Association Dispute, Appointed by the National Sports Authority (2019)
- Executive member, St. Rose’s P.T.A., 1999-2003