Awards and Recognition
- MASHAV (Israeli) Fellowship for participation in the International R&D Course on Postharvest Physiology, Pathology and Handling of Fresh Commodities in Israel, February 7th - 26th, 2016
- Australia Fellowship Awards for participation in Improving agricultural productivity through increasing the impact of agricultural research in Africa, at the Faculty of Agriculture and Environment at the University of Sydney in Australia, April – May 2015
- ATIG-Greenhouse Two-week training in Greenhouse Technologies (September 2013). Agriculture Technology International Group, Tel Aviv, Israel. Funded by KNUST.
- Norman Borlaug Fellowship for participation in a USDA-Funded Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program in Pesticide usage and residue analysis at Mississippi State University, Starkville, USA, October-December, 2012
- Erasmus Mundus Fellowship of the International Master in Horticultural Science (IMaHS) programme in France. June 28-July 11, 2012.
- FAO–Travel Award for the International symposium on Urban and Peri-urban Horticulture in the Century of Cities, held in Hotel N’gor, Dakar on 5-9 December 2010
- Bronze Award for Poster - Abubakari, A., Mahunu, G., Kumah, P. Idun, I. McDonald, M. R., Ceplis, D., Pritchard, M. and Owen, J. (2010). Radio broadcast as an extension tool in dry season vegetable production in the Upper West Region, Ghana. Poster exhibition at the Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education Annual (AIAEE) Conference, Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. May 16-19, 2010.
- International Partners Best Practices 2010 -Ghana Institute of Horticulturists/Canadian Society of Horticultural Science - AIC/CIDA International Twinning Partnership Project (ITPP) in Ghana. AIC Monthly Report March 2010. http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs076/1101807863158/archive/1103248365203.html
- CTA–Travel Award for the 1st All Africa Horticultural Congress. Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. August 31 – September 3, 2009.