SELECTED PUBLISHED ARTICLES (2012 – 2018)
- PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- Oteng-Abayie, E. F. & Dramani, J. B. (2018). Time-frequency domain causality of prime building cost and macroeconomic indicators in Ghana: Implications for project selection. Journal of Construction Management and Economics.
- Sulemana, M., Dramani, J.B. & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2018). Foreign banking entry: Implications for banking stability in Sub-Sahara Africa. African Review of Economics and Finance, 10(1), 54-81.
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F., Awuni, P.A., & Eshun, M.E. (2018). Macroeconomic determinants of crude oil demand in Ghana. Global Business Review, 19(4) 873–888. DOI: 10.1177/0972150918772923.
- Abokyi, E., Appiah-Konadu, P., Sikayena, I., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2018). The Effect of Electricity Consumption on Industrial Growth in Ghana. Journal of Energy, Hindawi.
- Oteng-Abayie, E. F., Affram A., & Mensah, H.K. (2018). The Impact of Corporate Governance on Rural Bank Performance in Ghana. Econometric Research in Finance
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2017). Technical Efficiency and Total Factor Productivity of Rural Banks in Ghana. Cogent Economics & Finance, 5: 1366088. doi:10.1080/23322039.2017.1366088
- Akofa Adzo and Oteng-Abayie, E.F. & Eshun, M.E. (2016). Determinants of Sports betting in Ghana. Journal of Gambling Business and Economics.
- Oteng-Abayie, E. F., Owusu-Ansah, B., & Amanor, K. (2016). Technical Efficiency of Credit Unions in Ghana. Journal of Finance and Economics, vol. 4(3): 88-96. doi:10.12691/jfe-4-3-3.
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F., & Doe, S.K. (2013). Inflation and inflation uncertainty in Ghana. Journal of Business Management and Economics, 4(12), 259-266.
- Asiamah, N., Mensah, H.K., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2017). General, Target, and Accessible Population: Demystifying the Concepts for Effective Sampling. The Qualitative Report, 22(6): 1607-1622.
- Asiamah, N., Mensah, H.K., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2017). Do Larger Samples Really Lead to More Precise Estimates? A Simulation Study. American Journal of Educational Research, 5(1), 9-17.
- Annan, J. & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2012). Assessment of the impact of Rice supply chains on yield in the local rice industry in Ghana, The Business Review, Cambridge, 20(2).
- Mensah, H.K., Agyapong, A., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2017). Making corporate social responsibility work: Do rural and community banks (RCBs) in Ghana care at all? The Qualitative Report, 22(11): 2904-2925.
- Asiamah, N., Mensah, H.K., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2016). An Assessment of the Effect of Education, In-Service Training (IST) and Tenure on Healthcare Performance: A Cost-Optimizing Perspective. Current Research in Psychology.
- Asiamah, N., Mensah, H.K., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2016). Health Workers’ Emotional Intelligence Development: An Examination of the Potential Roles of Tenure, Education and Training. International Journal of Research in Nursing.
- Mensah, H.K., Fosu, F.A., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. (2018) Occupational Stresssors among University Non-Academic Staff: Results from a Representative Public University in Ghana. Journal of Business Excellence, doi:10.1504/IJBEX.2017.10007043. Inderscience.
ARTICLES UNDER REVIEW
- Oteng-Abayie, E. F., Ussif, A.A. & Yusif, H.M. (2017). Financial Development and Agricultural Output in Ghana. Revisions in review: Journal of Future Business, Elsevier.
- Oteng-Abayie, E. F., Tetteh, A.D., & Adu G. (2018). Impact of Financial Inclusion on Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa. In review: Journal of Developing Areas
- Adu, G., Dramani, J.B., Oteng-Abayie, E.F., & Frimpong, P.B. (2018). Powering the powerless: The economic impact of rural electrification in Ghana. Energy Economics Journal,
- Kamasa, K., Adu, G., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. Business Environment and Firms’ Decisions to Evade Taxes: Evidence from Ghana. Under review at Journal of African Business
- Kamasa, K., Adu, G., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. Tax Compliance in Sub-Saharan Africa: How important are non-Pecuniary factors? Under review at South African Journal of Economics
- Kamasa, K., Adu, G., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F. Firm Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa: How relevant is Quality of Tax Administration? Under review at Journal of International Development
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F.,K. Adjei, & P.A. Awuni. The impact of Inward Remittances on Economic Growth in Ghana. Under review: Financial Innovation, Springer Open
SELECTED WORKING PAPERS
- Abokyi, E., Konadu-Twumasi, P. Abokyi, F., & Oteng-Abayie, E.F.. The Dynamic Linkages between Financial Development, Industrial Growth, Fossil Fuel Consumption and Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Testing the EKC hypothesis in Ghana.
- Sulemana M., Oteng-Abayie, E.F. & Haim Abraham. In Search of Inflation Limits for Financial Sector Development in ECOWAS and SADC regions. A Panel Smooth Transition Analysis.
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F., Dramani, J.B. and Adu, G. (2018). The Asymmetric Effects of Oil Price Shocks on Aggregate Demand in Ghana.
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F. & P.K. Kuutol. Non-Performing Loans, exchange rate and economic growth in Sub-Sahara Africa countries.
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F. Felix Elikem Fiadjoe, & Jonathan D. Quartey. Pathways to Sustainable and Optimal Power Generation Mix for Ghana.
- Oteng-Abayie, E.F. & John Bosco Dramani. Does the PPI matter in Inflation targeting Monetary Policy? Evidence from the causality between CPI and PPI Inflation in Ghana..
- Effects of Financial Development, Economic Growth And Income Inequality on Poverty Reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa. With Fancis Santaa and George Adu