- Theresa-Samuelle Adjaidoo, E. K. Akowuah, “A Proposed Ghanaian Intercity Public Transport Departure Scheduling Model based on the Dynamic Rate Leaky Bucket Algorithm, Scientific African, ISSN 2468-2276, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sciaf.2021.e00749.
- Danlard and E. K. Akowuah, "Design and Theoretical Analysis of a Dual-Polarized Quasi D-Shaped Plasmonic PCF Microsensor for Back-to-Back Measurement of Refractive Index and Temperature," in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 9860-9868, 15 April15, 2021, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2021.3058224.
- Lartey and E. K. Akowuah, “An Analysis of the Application of the Harmony Search Algorithm to Solving the Nurse Rostering Problem”, CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 2021, doi: 10.1097/CIN.0000000000000689
- A. Agbemabiese and E. K. Akowuah, ‘Numerical analysis of photonic crystal fiber of ultra-high birefringence and high nonlinearity’, Scientific Reports – Nature Research, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 21182, December 2020, doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-77114-x [SP2]
- A. Agbemabiese and E. K. Akowuah, ‘Numerical analysis of photonic crystal fibre with high birefringence and high nonlinearity’, Journal of Optical Communications, October 2020, doi: 10.1515/joc-2020-0084 [SP3]
- Iddrisu Danlard and K. Akowuah, ” Assaying with PCF-based SPR refractive index biosensors: From recent configurations to outstanding detection limits”, Optical Fiber Technology,Volume 54, 2020
- K. Amoah, E. K. Akowuah, G. Nukpezah, S. Haxha, H. Ademgil, “A theoretical investigation of a photonic crystal fibre with ultra-flattened chromatic dispersion with three zero crossing dispersion wavelengths”,Optical Fiber Technology,Volume 53, 2019
- Atta-Boateng, P.O. Bobbie, K.O. Boateng, E.K. Akowuah “Improving Vacant Channel Utilization in Shared TV White Space Spectrum.” In: Arai K., Bhatia R., Kapoor S. (eds) Proceedings of the Future Technologies Conference (FTC) 2018. FTC 2018. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 881. Springer, Cham. January 2019 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02683-7_41
- Atta-Boateng, P. O. Bobbie, K. O. Boateng and E. K. Akowuah, "Reducing secondary user collisions in TV White Space through a Geolocation Database Middleware," 2018 Sixth International Conference on Digital Information, Networking, and Wireless Communications (DINWC), Beirut, 2018, pp. 18-27
- E. Adjei, H. Nunoo-Mensah, E. Kobia-Acquah and E. K. Akowuah, "Optic cup and optic disc analysis for glaucoma screening using pulse-coupled neural networks and line profile analysis," 2018 IEEE 4th Middle East Conference on Biomedical Engineering (MECBME), Tunis, 2018, pp. 204-208
- A. Quansah,S. K. Woangbah, E. K. Anto , E. K. Akowuah ,M. S. Adaramola, "Techno-Economics Of Solar PV− Diesel Hybrid Power Systems for Off− Grid Outdoor Base Transceiver Stations in Ghana", International Journal of Energy for a Clean Environment, 2017.
- Okae, J. Du, E.K. Akowuah, G. Appiah, E.K. Anto, “The Design and Realization of Smart Energy Management System based on Supply-Demand Coordination” IFAC-PapersOnLine,Vol 50, pp. 195 – 200, 2017,
- Soltani, F. Ouerghi, F. AbdelMalek, S. Haxha, H. Ademgil, E.K. Akowuah, Unidirectional light propagation photonic crystal waveguide incorporating modified defects, Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Volume 130, February 2017, Pages 1370-1376, ISSN 0030-4026
- Soltani, F. Ouerghi, F. AbdelMalek, S. Haxha, H. Ademgil, E.K. Akowuah, Effect of the elliptic rods orientations on the asymmetric light transmission in photonic crystals, Optics Communications, Volume 392, 1 2017, pp 147-152, ISSN 0030-4018, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2017.01.057.
- Yasli, E. K. Akowuah, S. Haxha and H. Ademgil, "Photonic crystal fiber based surface plasmon sensor design and analysis with elliptical air holes," 2016 HONET-ICT, Nicosia, Cyprus, 2016, pp. 75-78
- Otupiri, E. K. Akowuah, and S. Haxha, "Multi-channel SPR biosensor based on PCF for multi-analyte sensing applications," Opt. Express 23, 15716-15727 (2015)
- Haxha, A. Tayeb, F. AbdelMalek, E. K. Akowuah, I. Dayoub " Design of Environmental Biosensor Based on Photonic Crystal Fiber with Bends Using Finite Element Method," Optics and Photonics Journal, 5, pp. 69-78, 2015
- Otupiri, E. K. Akowuah, S. Haxha , H. Ademgil, F. AbdelMalek, A. Aggoun, "A Novel Birefrigent Photonic Crystal Fiber Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensor," IEEE Photonics Journal, , vol.6, no.4, pp.1-11, 2014
- Nunoo-Mensah, E. K. Akowuah, K. O. Boateng, “Review of Opensource Network Access Control (NAC) Tools for Enterprise Educational Networks”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 106, No. 6, pp. 28-33, 2014
- Ademgil, U. F. Eze, E. K. Akowuah, S. Haxha, "Photonic crystal fiber based sensor," Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU), 2013 21st , vol., no., pp.1,4, 2013.
- K. Akowuah, T. Gorman, H. Ademgil, S. Haxha, G. K. Robinson and J. V. Oliver, “Numerical Analysis of a Photonic Crystal Fiber for Biosensing Applications,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics , pp. 1403 – 1410, 2012.
- Ouerghi, F. AbdelMalek, S. Haxha, E. K. Akowuah and H. Ademgil, "Design of Multicavities on Left-Handed Photonic Crystal based Chemical Sensors", IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2012.
- K. Akowuah, T. Gorman, H. Ademgil, S. Haxha, G. K. Robinson and J. V. Oliver, “Novel compact photonic crystal fibre surface plasmon resonance biosensor for an aqueous environment,” Photonic Crystals - Innovative Systems, Lasers and Waveguides – Chapter 6, ISBN 978-953-51-0416-2, 2012.
- K. Akowuah, H. Ademgil, and S. Haxha, “Design and analysis of photonic crystal fibres (PCFs) for broadband applications”, IEEE ICAST Conference 2012.
- K. Akowuah, T. Gorman, H. Ademgil and S. Haxha,“A highly sensitive photonic crystal fibre (PCF) surface plasmon resonance (SPR) sensor based on a bimetallic structure of gold and silver”, IEEE ICAST Conference 2012.
- K. Akowuah, H. Ademgil, and S. Haxha, “A planar waveguide surface plasmon resonance biosensor based on Otto configuration” IEEE ICAST Conference 2012.
- K. Akowuah, T. Gorman, S. Haxha, J.V. Oliver, “Dual Channel Planar Waveguide Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensor for an Aqueous Environment”, Optics Express, Vol.18, No.23, pp. 24412-24422, 2010
- K. Akowuah, T. Gorman, S. Haxha, “Design and Optimization of a Novel Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensor based on Otto Configuration”, Optics Express, Vol.17, No.26, 2009
- E.K. Akowuah, H. Ademgil, S. Haxha, F. AbdelMalek, ”An Endlessly Single-Mode Photonic Crystal Fiber with Low Chromatic Dispersion, and Bend and Rotational Insensitivity ”, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol.27, No.17, pp.3940-3947, 2009.
Theresa-Samuelle Adjaidoo, E. K. Akowuah, D. A. Obeng, E. Dzisi, W. Ackaah, “Passenger counting in minivan-taxis using crowd-sourcing and hierarchical clustering” Scientific African, Vol 13, ISSN 2468-2276, 2021 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sciaf.2021.e00842
Danlard, I. O. Mensah, E. K. Akowuah, “Design and numerical analysis of a fractal cladding PCF-based plasmonic sensor for refractive index, temperature, and magnetic field”, Optik, Vol 258, 2022, ISSN 0030-4026, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2022.168893.
O. Mensah, E. K. Akowuah, I. Danlard ,1 and Alexander Kwasi Amoah, “Design and Numerical Analysis of a Single-Polarization Filter Based on PCF with Plasmonic Layers of Gold and Indium Tin Oxide”, International Journal of Optics, vol. 2022, Article ID 5830310, 8 pages, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/5830310