NICHOLAS ADDAI BOAMAH
PhD In Applied Finance, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, 2011-2015
MSc. In Finance (Distinction), University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK, 2004-2005
MPhil. In Real Estate Finance, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, 2002-2003
BSc. In Land Economy (First Class), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana, 1997-2001
- Department of Accounting and Finance, KNUST Business School, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Date: January 2018 -
Job title: Senior Lecturer in Finance
Responsibilities: Teaching Financial Regulation and Supervision, Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Banking Law, Entrepreneurial Finance, Real estate and Mortgage Finance, Derivatives and Risk Management, Investment and Portfolio Analysis and Research Techniques in Finance.
- Peter Faber Business School, Australian Catholic University
Date: 2016 - 2017
Job title: Adjunct Lecturer
Responsibilities: Teaching Finance and Quantitative Methods, Insurance and Risk Pricing, Money Matters and Business Data Analysis. I contribute to the development of the Financial Modeling and Real Estate Finance units.
- Economics, Finance and Property, School of Business, University of Western Sydney, Australia
Date: July - December 2015
Job title: Adjunct Lecturer
Responsibilities: Teaching Property Investment Analysis and Property Finance.
- Department of Real Estate and Land Management, University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana
Job title: Lecturer in Real Estate and Land Management
I research on financial markets, asset pricing, financial market integration, housing finance markets and affordability, land and property markets, and land use planning.
Teaching and supervision
My tasks involve teaching Investment Analysis, Introduction to Finance, Real Estate Finance, Tools of Financial Economics, Property Valuation, and Rating and Taxation at the undergraduate level. I teach Financial Management, Corporate Finance, and Financial Markets at the postgraduate level.
I administered courses and examinations and served on various boards including the Department and Faculty management and examination boards. I organized workshops and seminars as part of my responsibilities. I was the Acting Head of the Department Real Estate and Land Management, Faculty of Planning and Land Management from 1st September, 2010 to 15th May 2011.
I contributed to the development of the curricula for the BSc. Real Estate and BSc Land Management programmes of the Department of Real Estate and Land Management, University for Development Studies, Ghana.
- University Counseling Unit, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, [KNUST], Kumasi, Ghana
Job Title: Peer Counselor (Volunteer)
Responsibilities: Provided voluntary counseling services on academic matters to colleague students under the tutelage of staff of the University Counseling Unit. I provided counseling support to my peers which contributed positively to their academic progression.
Academic Awards and Prizes
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2015. Highly Commended Paper award in Property Management.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Australia, 2011-2014
- Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship, United Kingdom, 2002-2003
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals
- Boamah, N. A., Akotey, J. O., & Aaawaar, G. (2020). Economic engagement and within emerging markets integration. Research in International Business and Finance, 52, 101106.
- Boamah, N. A. (2019). Investment, financial sector development and the degree of emerging markets integration. Journal of Financial Economic Policy.
- Boamah, B. N. A., Ansah, M. O., & Opoku, E (2019). The state of the housing finance market in Ghana: the role of household characteristics and housing conditions. HOUSING FINANCE, 18.
- Boamah, N. A., Watts, E., & Loudon, G. (2017). Regionally integrated asset pricing on the African stock markets: Evidence from the Fama French and Carhart models. Journal of Economics and Business, 92, 29-44.
- Boamah, N. A. (2017). The global financial market integration of selected emerging markets. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 12(4), 683-707.
- Boamah, N.A. (2017). The Price of Risk on the African Frontier Stock Markets, Journal of African Business, 18(2)
- Boamah, N.A. (2017). The Relevance of Global Sector Influence in African Sector Portfolios. African Journal of Economic and Management Studies, 8(2)
- Boamah, N. A. (2017). The dynamics of the relative global sector effects and contagion in emerging markets equity returns.Research in International Business and Finance, 39, 433-453.
- Boamah, N. A., Watts, E. J., & Loudon, G. (2016). Investigating temporal variation in the global and regional integration of African stock markets. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 36, 103-118.
- Boamah, N. A., Loudon, G., & Watts, E. J. (2017). Structural breaks in the relative importance of country and industry factors in African stock returns. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 63, 79-88.
- Boamah, N. A. (2016). Regional and global market integration of African financial markets. African Review of Economics and Finance, 8(2), 234-268.
- Boamah, N. A., & Okrah, M. (2016). Challenges to Property Rate Administration in the Offinso South Municipality, Ghana.International Journal of Public Administration, 1-9.
- Boamah, N. A. (2015). Robustness of the Carhart Four-Factor and the Fama-French Three-Factor models on the South African stock market.Review of Accounting and Finance,14(4), pp. 413-430.
- Boamah, N. A. (2015). Testing the expectations hypothesis of the term structure of interest rate: the case of Ghana.Journal of African Business, 1-15.
- Boamah, N. A. (2014). The impact of households characteristics on the state of housing in the Offinso South Municipality (OSM), Ghana. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 1-16.
- Boamah, N. A. (2014). Development controls in the Offinso South municipality, Ghana. Property Management, 32(2), 3-3.
- Boamah, N. A. (2014). Housing Policy in Ghana: The Feasible Paths. Ghana Journal of Development Studies, 11(1), 1-18.
- Boamah, N. (2013). Constraints on property rating in the Offinso South Municipality of Ghana. Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance, (13/14). .
- Okrah, M. and Boamah, N. A. (2013). Deepening Representative Democracy through Fiscal Decentralisation: Is Ghana Ready for Composite Budgeting? AFRREV IJAH: An International Journal of Arts and Humanities, 2 (2), 73-90.
- Boamah, N. (2013). Land Use Planning and Housing Situation in the Wa and Offinso South Municipalities, Ghana. Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management, 6 (4), 435-442.
- Boamah, N. A. (2013). Land use controls and residential land values in the Offinso South municipality, Ghana. Land Use Policy, 33, 111-117.
- Boamah, N. A. (2013). Urban Land Market in Ghana: A Study of the Wa Municipality. In Urban Forum (pp. 1-14). Springer Netherlands.
- Boamah, A. (2012). Land factors and their impact on the housing finance market in Ghana, Housing Finance International Journal, Winter 2012.
- Boamah, N.A. (2012). Housing for the vulnerable in the Offinso South Municipality of Ghana, Housing, Care and Support, 15 (3), 140-147.
- Boamah, N.A., Gyimah, C., and Nelson, J.K.B. (2012). The impact of land use regulations on residential land values in the Wa municipality, Ghana, Journal Housing and the Built Environment, 27(3), 349-358.
- Boamah, N.A., Gyimah, C., and Nelson, J.K.B. (2012). Challenges to the enforcement of development controls in the Wa municipality, Habitat International, 36(1), 136-142.
- Boamah, N. A. (2011). The regulatory environment and housing finance market in Ghana. Property Management, 29(5), 406-422.
- Boamah, N.A. (2011). The Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis: Is there Evidence from the Bilateral Real Exchange Rate between Mexico and the United States? Ghana Journal of Development Studies, 8 (2), 49-63.
- Boamah, N.A. (2011). The Macro-Economy and Housing Credit Market in Ghana, African Research Review, 5, 25-39.
- Boamah, N.A. (2010). Challenges in Housing Finance Market Development in African Countries: Ghana’s Experience, Ghana Social Science Journal, 7 (2), 39-54.
- Boamah, N.A. (2010). Housing Affordability in Ghana: a Focus on Kumasi and Tamale, Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management, 3(3), 1-11.
- Boamah N.A. (2010). The Impact of Macro-Economic Environment on Institutional Housing Finance in Ghana, Housing Finance International Journal, Winter, 2010
- Boamah N.A. (2010). Mortgage Market in Ghana: the Past and the Future, Housing Finance International Journal, Spring, 2010
- Boamah N.A. (2010). Housing Finance in Ghana: Can Community Mortgage Cooperatives Provide a Panacea? Ghana Journal of Development Studies, 7(1), 30-49.
- Boamah N.A. (2009). Secondary Mortgage Market (SMM): Is it Right for Financing Housing in Ghana? Journal of Science and Technology, 29(1), 17-27.
- Boamah, N.A., Loudon, G. and Watts, J. E. (2014). The Global Financial Crisis (GFC) and the Importance of Country and Industry Factors in African Stock Returns. 9th Annual London Business Research Conference, 4–5 August 2014.
- Boamah, N.A., Watts, J. E. and Loudon, G. (2014). Regionally Integrated Asset Pricing on the African Stock Markets (ASMs): Evidence from the Fama-French Three-Factor Model. 9th Annual London Business Research Conference, 4–5 August 2014.
Financial Markets, Asset Pricing, Financial Market Integration, Asset Management, Housing Finance Market, Real Estate Markets, Land Markets.
Selected Journals for Peer Review Activities
- Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance
- Applied Economics
- Journal of African Business
- Journal of Financial Economic
- International Journal of Emerging Markets
- Managerial Finance
- African Review of Economics and Finance
- Policy Land Use Policy
- Habitat International
- Journal of Housing and the Built Environment
- Journal of Land Use Science
- Social Indicators Research
- Environment, Development and Sustainability
- Development in Practice
- Professor Donald Ross, Ph.D
Chair of Finance
Faculty of Law and Business, Australian Catholic University
Tension Woods House, Level 10, 8-20 Napier Street, North Sydney, NSW 2059
- Raymond Talinbe Abdulai
School of the Built Environment, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, Liverpool, L3 3AF, UK,
- Mr John Kwabena Bediako Nelson
Department of Planning and Management, Faculty of Planning and Land Management
University of Development Studies, Wa Campus, Ghana,
- Maria Estela Varua
Economics, Finance and Property, School of Business,
University of Western Sydney, Australia