Key Research Areas: Atmospheric Physics, Climate Science and Remote Sensing
- Retrieval studies of atmospheric compositions (trace gases and aerosol particles)
i.e. remote sensing of traces gases. Impact of night-time NOx (NO2 and NO3) on ozone depletion and total global ozone budget, diurnal variability of NOx
- Climate impact on human health (Malaria and other related diseases), agriculture and livelihood
- Climate impact on water resources and Drought management (Hydro-climatic modelling)
- Measurement of important meteorological parameters (rainfall, humidity, indoor and outdoor evaporation rates, temperature, etc). Thus, monitoring meteorological parameters for long term trend and variability analysis and impact on climate change
- Understanding how anthropogenic perturbations have altered the Earth climate system leading to global warming (i.e., variability in the Earth’s climate system and prediction (modelling) the expected changes) thus Climate projection Studies.
- Boundary layer Meteorology, with emphasis on its evolution and processes.
- Impact of human activities on biogeochemical cycle
- Environmental pollution studies (e.g. evaluate indoor and outdoor air quality).