Key Research Areas: Atmospheric Physics, Tropical Meteorology, Climate Science and Data Science
- Satellite Remote Sensing: remote sensing of traces gases, land use/cover changes.
- Climate impact on human health (Malaria and other related diseases), agriculture and livelihood
- Nowcasting, Sub-seasonal to Seasonal forecasting and Long-range Forecasting
- Climate impact on water resources and Drought management (Hydro-climatic modelling)
- Measurement of important meteorological parameters (rainfall, humidity, indoor and outdoor evaporation rates, temperature, etc). Thus, monitoring meteorological parameters for long term trend and variability analysis and impact on climate change
- Climate Modelling: Understanding how anthropogenic perturbations have altered the Earth climate system leading to global warming (i.e., variability in the Earth’s climate system and prediction of the expected changes) thus Climate projection Studies.
- Boundary layer Meteorology, with emphasis on its evolution and processes.
- Impact of human activities on biogeochemical cycle
- Environmental pollution studies (e.g. evaluate indoor and outdoor air quality).
- Atmospheric convection and Cloud Physics