- Profession: Development Planner and Policy analyst (with rich experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and also into gender, governance, energy and livelihoods).
- Area of Expertise: over 25 years working experience in the area of socio-economic planning and policy, monitoring and evaluation, and in governance, energy and gender related issues at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi as a Senior Research Fellow, and internationally as a consultant.
- Work Experience: over 20 years working experience with international development agencies/institutions, development partners, organisations and consulting firms in participatory action oriented research, projects development and assessments, monitoring and evaluation and training programmes. These include Institute of Development Studies, Sussex University, Brighton, UK, DFID (Ghana and the UK), UK Overseas Development Institute (ODI), UK, the Danish Development Agency (DANIDA), Ghana, ACT Consult, France and Edburgh Consultants, Utrecht, The Netherlands and the World Bank (Ghana and Washington) and UNOP/UNDP, Senegal, UNDP/Ghana, UNIDO/Geneva and UNEP/Kenya.
- Work Experience with CSOs: A strong civil society activist. Over 25 years working experience with active civil society organizations in Ghana and abroad, and serves as a chairperson of the Board of Trustees for 2 such civil society organisations in Ghana. These are Centre for the Development of People (CEDEP) and Cedi Finance Foundation, all based in Kumasi, Ghana.
- Professional skills: M&E Expert, Trainer in Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) Methods/Tools including Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Accountability Tools, Participatory Gender Analysis and Planning and Participatory Impact Assessment. Also trainer in the development of Logical Framework/Project Planning Matrix. Several years of experience in designing and conducting research.
- Membership of Boards: Serves on a Six-Women Steering Committee on Gender and Economic Reforms in Africa (GERA) Programme. Previously based at North-South Institute, Canada, and now located at Third World Network in Accra, Ghana. Serves as board chairperson for Cedi Finance Foundation and member of People’s Dialogue, Ghana and Centre for the Development of People.
Lectures in Research Methods, Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Organisation and Management for both undergraduate and post graduate students in the various departments at KNUST, including the Planning Department and KNUST Business School