Peer Review Articles
- Grischow, J, Naami, A, Mprah, W. K and Mfoafo-M’Carthy. M. (2021). Methodologically Thinking: Doing Disability Research in Ghanaian Cultural Communities, Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research 23(1), 169–179. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16993/sjdr.702
- Owusu-Ansah, O. E, Mprah, W.K. Moses, M. O. Owusu, I and Acheampong, E. (2021). Effect of Community-Based Functional Aerobic Training on Motor Performance and Quality of Life of Children with Spastic Cerebral Palsy, Ethiop J Health Sci. Vol. 31, No. 2
- Opoku P., Nketsia , and, Mprah, W. K (2020). Understanding the parental experiences of raising deaf children in Ghana, Journal of Family Studies
- Gyamfi, N., Badu, E., Mprah, W.K. and Mensah, I. (2020). Recovery services and expectation of consumers and mental health professionals in community-based residential facilities of Ghana. BMC Psychiatry 20, (355)
- Anokye R., Acheampong, E., Edusei, A.K., Owusu, I., and Mprah, W.K., (2020). Prevalence of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Among Primary School Children in Oforikrom, Ghana, Based on the Disruptive Behavior Disorders Rating Scale. East Asian archives of psychiatry: official journal of the Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists; 30(3).
- Adjei-Gyimah A., Gyamfi N., Anokye R., Peprah P., Acheampong E., Mprah W.K., Essien K.J., and Ariel K.T., (2020). Knowledge on and attitude towards Sexually Transmitted Infections: A qualitative study of people with physical disabilities in a peri-urban district of Ghana. Cogent Medicine (7(1).
- Opoku, M.P., Nketsia, W., Agyei-Okyere and Mprah, W.K. (2019). Extending social protection to persons with disabilities: Exploring the accessibility and the impact of the Disability Fund on the lives of persons with disabilities in Ghana. Global Social Policy, 19(3), 225-245.
- Danso-Afriyie, M., Owusu, I, Anokye, R.and Mprah, W. K (2019): Job Related Challenges of Teachers with Physical Disabilities in Kumasi, Review of Disability Studies: An International Journal,15 (2).
- Anokye R., Acheampong E., Anokye J., Budu-Ainooson A., Amekudzie E., Owusu I., Gyamfi N., Agyei-Gyimah A., Mprah W.K. (2019) Use and completion of partograph during labour is associated with a reduced incidence of birth asphyxia: A retrospective study at a peri-urban setting in Ghana. BMC Journal of Population, Health and Nutrition. 38(1):12
- Alupo, B.A., Opoku, M.P., Badu, E. and Mprah, W.K. (2018). Interrelationship between family, poverty, and social protection in Uganda: Perspectives of persons with disabilities. International Journal of Child Health and Human Development, 11(3), 339-349.
- Badu, E., Gyamfi, N., Opoku, M.P., Mprah, W.K., and Edusei, A.K. 2018). Enablers and
barriers in accessing sexual and reproductive health services among visually impaired women in the Ashanti and Brong Ahafo Regions of Ghana. Reproductive Health Matters 26 (54), 51-60.
- Senayah, E.A., Mprah, W. K. Opoku, M.P., Edusei, A.K. and Torgbenu, E.L. (2018). Accessibility of health services to young deaf adolescents in Ghana. International Journal of Health Planning and Management.
- Owusu I., Acheampong E., Mprah W.K. and Hasheni V., (2018). Factors Influencing Parents' Perceptions on the Education of Children with Disability in the Wa West District of Ghana. International Journal of Special Education 33 (3), 675-686.
- Anokye R., Acheampong E., Edusei A.K., Mprah W.K. and Ofori-Amoah J., (2018). Perception of childhood anaemia among mothers in Kumasi: a quantitative approach. Italian journal of pediatrics 44 (1), 142.
- Acheampong E., Mprah W.K., Owusu I. and Bediako J. (2018) Role of Caregivers of Children with Intellectual Disabilities and Support Systems Available to them in Ghana. Journal of Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development. Vol. 29, No.4,
- Anokye R, Acheampong E, Mprah W.K, and Sarpong E. (2018). Perceived causes and risk factors of Buruli ulcer among patients at Agogo Presbyterian hospital in Ashanti Region of Ghana. BMC Research Notes.
- Opoku, M.P., Gyamfi, N., Badu, E. and Mprah, W.K. (2017). “They think we are all beggars:” The resilience of a person with disability in Ghana. Journal of Exceptional People, 2(11), 6-17.
- Mprah, W. K., Anafi, P. and Addai Y. P. Y (2017). Exploring Misinformation of Family Planning Practices and Methods Among Deaf People in Ghana. Reproductive Health Matters (25) 50.
- Opoku, M. P, Agbenyega, J S. Mprah, W. K., Mckenzie, J. and Badu, E. (2017)
Decade of Inclusive Education in Ghana: perspectives of educators
Journal of Social Inclusion, 8(1),
- Opoku, M.P., Alupo, B.A., Gyamfi, N., Odame, L., Mprah, W.K., Torgbenu, E.L. and Badu, E. (2017). The Family and Disability in Ghana: Highlighting Gaps in Achieving Social Inclusion. Disability, CBR & Inclusive Development, 28 (4), p. 41-59.
- Anokye R, Acheampong E, Mprah W.K, Opia-Ope J. and Ndele Barivure T. (2017). Psychosocial Effects of Infertility Among Couples Attending St. Michael’s Hospital, Jachie Pramso in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. BMC Research Notes
- Opoku, P. M. Mprah, W. K., McKenzie, J. Saka, N. B. & Badu E (2016). Lives of persons with disabilities in Cameroon after CRPD: Voices of persons with disabilities in the Buea Municipality in Cameroon. International Journal on Disability and Human Development, org/10.1515/ijdhd-2016-0009
- Anafi, P, Mprah, W. K., Buchanan, D. R., Gubrium, A. C., Faulkingham, R. & Barton-Burke, M (2016). Motivations for Non-Formal Maternal Health Care in Low-Income Communities in Urban Ghana. International Journal of Health Sciences, 4(1) 1
- Opoku, M. P. Mprah, W. K. Dogbe, J. A. Norman, J., & Badu, E. (2016). Access to employment in Kenya: the voices of persons with disabilities. International Journal on Disability and Human Development
- Opoku, M. P., Huyser, N., Mprah, W. K, Atim, B., Alupo & Badu, E (2016). Sexual Violence against Women with Disabilities in Ghana: Accounts of Women with Disabilities from Ashanti Region. Journal of Disability CBR, and Inclusive Development, 27 (2), 91-111.
- W. K., Ababio, D. J., Opoku, M. P., Owusu, & I., Ampratwum, J. (2016). Knowledge, Attitude and Preparedness of Teachers towards Inclusive Education. Journal of Disability Management and Special Education, 6(2), 1-15
- Mprah, W. K. and Opoku, P. M & Saka B. N. (2016). Participation of persons with Disabilities in Political Activities in Cameroon. Disability and the Global South, (3) 2, 980-999.
- Edusei, A. K, Adjei-Domfeh, P. Mprah, W. K, Opoku, M. P, &Badu, E (2016)
Maxwell Peprah Opoku, Eric Badu, & Christopher Seth Appiah (2016). Assessing the Impact and Uses of the Disability Common Fund Among Persons with Disabilities in Kumasi Metropolis in Ghana. Review of Disability Studies: An International Journal, vol. 12(4)
- Gyamfi, N. Mprah, W. K., Edusei, A, K., Dogbe J A. & Owusu, I. (2015). Relevance of vocational training programme for persons with disabilities in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. Journal of Disability Studies, 1(2), 69-7
- Opoku, M. P, Mprah, W. K., Dogbe, A. J., Saka, B. N., & Badu, E (2015). Perceptions and Experiences of Persons with Disabilities on Access to Education in Buea Municipality, Cameroon. International Journal of Complementary & Alternative Medicine, (2)1
- Mprah, W. K. (2015). Determining the sexual and reproductive health needs of deaf people in Ghana. Indonesian Journal of Disability Studies, 2 (1) 1-11
- Mprah, W.K, Amponteng, M. & Owusu, I. (2015). Barriers to Inclusion of Children with Disabilities in Ghanaian inclusive schools. Journal of Disability Studies, 1(1), 15-22.
- Edusei, A.K, Mprah, W.K, Owusu, I. & Dahamani, T. (2015). Attitude of Teacher Trainees towards children with disabilities in the Northern region of Ghana. Journal of Disability Studies. 1(2), 55-60
- Mprah, W. K., Opoku, P. M., Owusu1, I., Badu, E. & Torgbenu, L. E. (2015). Challenges in accessing education for children with disabilities in Ashanti and Brong Ahafo regions of Ghana. Journal of Disability Studies, 1(2), 61-68
- Mprah W. K. (2014). Sources and use of sexual and reproductive health information among deaf people in Ghana. Indonesian Journal of disability Studies, 1 (1). 1-11
- Mprah, W. K., Anafi, P. & Owusu-Sekyere, F. (2014). Does Disability Matter? Disability in Sexual and Reproductive Health Policies and Research in Ghana. International Quarterly of Community Health Education, 35(1), 21-35.
- Anafi, P., Mprah, W.K & Asiamah, E. (2014). HIV/AIDS Stigma and Persons Living with HIV/AIDS in Rural Ghana. International Quarterly of Community Health Education, 34(3), 269-82.
- Mprah, W. K. (2013). Exploring Knowledge and Attitudes towards HIV/AIDS among Deaf People in Ghana, Journal of Disability CBR, and Inclusive Development, 24, No. 2, pp 22-392013
- Mprah W.K. (2013). Perceptions about barriers to sexual and reproductive health information and services among deaf people in Ghana. Journal Disability, CBR & Inclusive Development, 24. (3), 24-36
- Mprah, W. K. (2013). Sexual and reproductive health needs assessment with deaf people in Ghana: Methodological challenges and ethical concerns. African Journal of Disability, 2(1) 1- 7
- Mprah, W. K. (2013). Knowledge and use of contraceptive methods amongst deaf people in Ghana. African Journal of Disability, 2 (1),1-9.
- Asare, G., Mprah, W.K., Dogbe, J.A., Edusei, A. K., Owusu, I (2015). Assessing Support Services for Deaf People at Tafo Government Hospital in Ashanti Region of Ghana, Ghana Biomedical Conference, Accra, 29th – 31st July, 2015
- Gyamfi, N., Mprah, W.K, Dogbe, J., Edusei, A.K., Owusu, (2015). “Vocational Training Programs for Junior High Graduates with Disabilities in Kumasi Metropolis”. Ghana Biomedical Conference, Accra, 29th – 31st July, 2015
- Does Disability Matter? Disability in Sexual and Reproductive Health Policies and Research in Ghana —Ghana Biomedical Convention (University of Cape Coast, 2014)
- Social Construction of Disability: Implications for Biomedicine—Ghana Biomedical Convention (University of Cape Coast, 2014)
- Owusu I., Mprah W. K, Dogbe J. (2014). “Impact of Educational Attainments of Disabled Men on their Urban-Living Experiences”. Ghana Biomedical Conference, Cape Coast, 30th July – 1st August
- Does Disability Matter? Disability in Sexual and Reproductive Health Policies and Research in Ghana -- Virtual Ability 2013 International Disability Rights Affirmation Conference (Broadcasted live from the Virtual Ability Island in Second Life on September 27-28, 2013)
- Who Decides? The Right of Disabled Persons to Sexual Rights in Ghana. – Society for Disability Studies Conference (New York City, NY, 2008)
- Phonocentrism & Audism: Conceptualizing Notions of d/Deaf Identity and Oppression in Ghana---African Studies Association Conference (Chicago, IL, 2008)
- Disability and Development: The Paradox of Progress-- Society for Disability Studies Conference (Seattle, WA, 2007)