I joined the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in 1988 as a Typist Grade I. I was upgraded to Clerk Grade I and Senior Clerk status in 1995 and 1996, respectively. I was promoted to Administrative Assistant in 2000, Senior Administrative Assistant in 2004, Principal Administrative Assistant in 2012, Chief Administrative Assistant in 2018 and Junior Assistant Registrar in 2020.
I started my career in the University from the Department of Chemical Engineering from July 1988 to February 2003, continued from February 2003 to September 2003 in the College of Art Dean’s Office and was posted back to the Department of Chemical Engineering to help set up the current Petroleum Engineering Department in 2003. Since I joined the University I have served as Administrator at all levels; Departmental level, Faculty level and College level.
My thirty-three years experience with KNUST has broadened my knowledge in the operations of the University. I can confidently say I understand the system and can work independently and as part of a team.
After my Ordinary Level Certificate obtained from St. Louis Secondary School, Kumasi in 1980/81, I pursed a Diploma in Business Administration (Secretarial Option) programme in Kumasi Polytechnic (now Kumasi Technical University) and successfully completed in 1985. Presently, I hold a BSc. in Human Resource Management obtained from the University College of Management Studies (an Affiliate of University of Education, Winneba) in 2011 and a MBA in Human Resource Management from the KNUST in 2014.
As service to the University I have contributed positively in the following areas
- Typed and provided the engineering drawings in a UNESCO sponsored Mechanical Separation Processes Text Book for Chemical Engineering Students authored by Dr. George Afrane & Co.
- Assisted in setting up of the Petroleum Engineering Department at KNUST of which product from the Department are now serving the country in capacities as lecturers and industrialists.
- Created easy access to information in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Art (Deans Office) Office of the Deputy Registrar (Academic) through setting up of efficient filing system.
- Served as the Secretary to the College of Engineering Strategic Planning Committee in 2005.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of Departmental, Faculty and College Board Meetings as well as Academic Board and Executive Committee Meetings, Congregations, Matriculations and other special events organized for Affiliate Institutions.
- Served as Secretary to Committees such as Examination Malpractice and Disciplinary Committees.